Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 Top 5 Lists

New Year’s greetings to you all!  I hope you had an enjoyable 2012.  I’m happy to report that even though I was fake stabbed to death numerous times while playing Julius Caesar on stage, in the real world I had an injury-free 12 months!  And my radio show ALL KINDSA GIRLS is still going strong (check out the blog and  facebook page).  As always, 2012 was chock full of great movies, DVD’s, TV shows, records and books I thoroughly enjoyed watching, streaming, listening to and reading.  So, in a proud tradition that dates back to 1999, I humbly share my 2012 Top 5’s:

TOP 5 MOVIES
The Sessions (breathing lessons)
Headhunters (literally!)
Young Adult (you can’t go back)

TOP 5 DVD’S/WEB STREAMS
Pariah (AG indeed)
Coriolanus (Shakespeare/Fiennes)
Point Blank (nurse nightmare)
Chronicle (growing pains)
Tomboy (boy’s life)

TOP 5 ALBUMS
Ignition- Shoes (Zion’s finest are back)
Falling Off The Sky- The dB’s (triumphant Tar Heels return)
Soundshine- David Myhr (merrymaking)
Tre- Green Day (third time’s the charm)

TOP 5 BOOKS
Ready Player One- Ernest Cline (virtual unreality)
The Fault In Our Stars- John Green (amazing Hazel Grace)

TOP 5 TV/CABLE SHOWS
Game of Thrones Season 1 (Stark outlook)
Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4 (something is rotten in Charming)
Hell On Wheels Season 1 (home on the range)

Please feel free to share your favorites from 2012.  I’m always on the lookout for quality viewing, listening and reading material so it would be great to hear from you.  Here’s wishing you all the best in 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment