Saturday, February 14, 2009

1999 Top 5 Lists

As the new year is a time of reflection, I thought I would share with you my "Top 5's of 1999" list. Why? Because, as I have said before, I am an opinionated bastard. In addition, I am always looking for new things to watch/listen to/read. I welcome any feedback as well as a list of your favorites of 1999.

While not all of the following were released last year, that's when I got around to them, so here are my Top 5's of 1999, in no particular order:

TOP 5 MOVIES
Rushmore
Affliction
Run Lola Run
Being John Malkovich
(tie) Bowfinger/Election

TOP 5 VIDEOS
Pathfinder
Still Crazy
Love & Death on Long Island
Walkabout
Four Days in September

TOP 5 RECORDS
Buzzcocks- Modern
Lazy Cowgirls- Rank Outsider
Sloan- Between The Bridges
Donnas- Get Skintight
Johnny Black Trio- Basic Black

TOP 5 BOOKS
A Widow For One Year- John Irving
The Things They Carried- Tim O'Brien
The Golden Gizmo- Jim Thompson
Freedomland- Richard Price
About A Boy- Nick Hornby

Happy New Year. Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment